Optifine is one of the best Minecraft optimization modes. It enables advanced customization and fast performance, realistic graphics, and incredible graphical settings.
Perhaps the most amazing fact is the ability to load shaders along with its support for HD texture.
If you are not able to add optifine into a modpack, this guide will easily help you do it.
Table of Contents
How To Add Optifine To A Modpack?
First, you need to download the Optifine file compatible with your game’s version. Secondly, upload the Optifine file in the mod pack’s “mods” subfolder and launch the game. This will help you to add Optifine to any modpack.
Numerous modpack launchers are available out there, and a few of them are pretty famous and most used, for instance – Technic Launcher or Twitch Modpack.
How To Install Optifine For A Modpack?
To use Optifine on Minecraft, you have to download and install it. The following steps are essential:
- Firstly, you need to download the correct Optifine version that is compatible with the game.
- Secondly, look for the correct version of Optifine, one that corresponds to the version of Minecraft.
- Thirdly, launch the official link for downloading Optifine. The link helps you download a 100% virus clean mod.
- Note that if you are using a mod pack, you can navigate through your downloads page to find the Minecraft version that you are using. For example, for Vanilla Minecraft, the Minecraft version is simply the version you play the game on.
- Upon finding the correct Minecraft version, download the best Optifine version.
If you want to download Optifine and you are pretty confused about it, then you can have a look at his detailed guide – (Picture Guide) on How To Install OptiFine in Minecraft?
How To Add Optifine To An Existing Mod Pack?
If you already have a mod pack setup and running on your PC, it is possible to add Optifine to it. The process is quite similar to adding Optifine to Forge; the only difference is that you use your mod pack app to locate the proper folders.
How To Locate Mods Folder To Add Optifine On Any Modpack?
After downloading the Optifine file on your PC, you have to upload that file into the mod pack via the “mods” folder. Now, this step can be different for everyone using different launchers. For instance, the steps to follow for the Technic launcher are different compared to the Twitch Launcher.
- Head to the Technic Launcher and click the Modpacks tab at the top, then select your mod pack.
- Hit the mod pack options feature on the top right.
- Click on the “open button.”
- In the Folder that launches on the screen, click the mods subfolder
- Drag and drop the downloaded Optifine into that mods subfolder.
You can read a complete guide on Technic Modpack here – How To Add Optifine To A Technic Modpack? (Step-By-Step)
- Open the Overwolf, locate your mod pack, then click on its thumbnail.
- Select the “open folder” option.
- In the open Folder, go to the mods subfolder.
- Drag and drop Optifine’s downloaded file into this mods subfolder.
- Open MultiMC and locate the mod pack where you want to install Optifine on.
- Navigate through the Instances Folder on the right side of the page.
- Go to the Minecraft folder and into the mods subfolder.
- Drag and drop the Optifine’s .jar Folder into the mods sub-folder.
- Open the AT launcher, head into the tab to the right.
- Select your mod pack and open the Folder.
- In the resulting open Folder, go to the mods subfolder.
- Drag and drop the Optifine .jar file into the mods sub-folder.
- Open the FTB launcher and hit the “my mod packs” tab.
- Taking the cursor over your mod pack, click on the three-dotted icon.
- Head into the mods subfolder.
- Drag and drop the Optifine .jar file into the mods subfolder.
And you are done! After dropping the Optifine’s .jar file into the right place, the mod loads along with your existing mod pack.
Every Minecraft lover should venture into the smooth gaming experience that Optifine offers. You have the option of adding Optifine to an unmodded Minecraft game or adding it to an already existing mod pack.
I hope that I’ve solved your query “how to add optifine to a modpack,” if yes, then leave feedback below, and if you still have any questions, just let me know, and I’ll help you out.