It’s very frustrating to wait for your game to load. Whether you are looking for ways to make Minecraft run faster or want to improve the performance of your game, this article has all the tips you need.
Before trying out the tips in the article, ensure that your computer meets the requirements (which will be discussed further). This article will give you a step-by-step guide on how to make Minecraft run faster without Optifine in 2 ways.
Table of Contents
Minecraft Minimum System Requirements.
The best way to reduce lag is to configure the correct video settings. I will tell you more about the video settings in the article. The second way to boost Minecraft performance is to Optimize your computer. Make Minecraft run faster without Optifine in two ways:
- Change Minecraft Settings
- Optimize Your Computer
How To Make Minecraft Run Faster Without Optifine?
Two ways can help you to run Minecraft faster without Optifine. One is by changing Minecraft settings, and the second is Optimizing your Computer. Using these ways, you can easily optimize your PC and boost your FPS up to a playable frame rate without lags.
How To Change Your Minecraft Settings
Apart from optimizing your computer, you can also change your game settings. Tweaking the settings is the most straightforward way to make the game run faster. You can lower or turn off the game settings to speed up the game.
Optimize Minecraft Video Settings
Although fancy video settings enable you to access nice graphics, it also has its downward side. Such settings make your computer work with more staff, thus lowering the game speed. You should lower the video settings to enjoy a smooth gaming experience with Minecraft.
There are plenty of options in this step. First, click on Video Settings Then:
- Turn Biome blend off
- Turn Fullscreen On
- Set Graphics as fast
- Toggle off Smooth lighting
- Turn off Clouds
- Set the Entity distance to 50%
- Set the Render distance to a lower chunk, i.e., to 6 chunks, four or even 2 chunks.
- Turn off 3D Anaglyph
- Turn off Use VSync
- Turn on View Bobbling
- Lower Max Framerate
Now play your game to check on the effect.
Use Default Package
The resource packages lower the speed of the game since they are loaded into RAM. For this reason, you should use the basic package which can meet your basic needs. To choose the default package:
- Launch your game and click on Options > Resource packs > Default.
- Click on Done and play the game.
Turn Off Minecraft Sounds
If you want your Minecraft to be faster, you can turn off the sound in the game. Although you may feel a little quiet, it is necessary. To speed up Minecraft by turning off sound:
- Go to Options > Music & Sounds.
- Turn off music and sound.
- Now play the game and check the effect.
Lower The Game Resolution in Minecraft
Although this will make the game window smaller, it will help improve the game performance. To change the Minecraft game resolution:
- Launch your Minecraft game.
- Click on the three-dotted menu button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Launch options > Advanced Settings > Add New.
- After adding a name, click on Resolution.
- Adjust the size to your liking, then save your settings.
- Head over to the News tab and click on the arrow button beside the Play feature to choose the name you added and play with the new Resolution.
- Hit Play and check.
How To Optimize Your Computer
Like any other Minecraft fanatic, you want your game to run fast and not experience lags when loading or playing. Luckily, you can optimize your computer to achieve this.
Ways in which you can optimize your computer for a smooth gaming experience include:
Set Java as High Priority
Java is an essential Minecraft software, and thus, giving it enough room to run smoothly helps Minecraft run faster. Follow these steps:
- Click on Ctrl + Shift + Esc at the same time to open the task manager.
- Select details.
- Right-click on Java, select Set priority > High.
Allocate More Ram to Minecraft
Minecraft runs in the RAM (Random Access Memory); this is an internal memory that stores data temporarily between the CPU and the hard disk. You can increase the speed of Minecraft by giving the game more RAM in the following steps:
- First, check your installed memory to see how much RAM space you have.
- Launch Minecraft and click on the three-dotted menu button at the top right corner.
- Then select Launch options > Advanced settings > Add new.
- Add a Name, then click JVM arguments.
- Allocate more RAM to your game. You can do this by changing the Xmx2G into Xmx4G. You can change 2 into 4 or 6 to meet your preference and save your settings.
- Now choose the name you add and play to check.
You can also:
- Plug your laptop into a power source. GPU and CPU need enough power to work and increase performance fully.
- Close unnecessary programs running in the background to help the game run faster
- Update your graphics card driver.
Complete Video On How To Make Minecraft Run Faster Without Optifine
A visual explanation can also make an immense difference; you can watch this Youtube Video to get a complete idea of what settings to change to optimize your PC so that you can run Minecraft faster without the help of Optifine.
What does Xmx2G mean?
Xmx2G means that the maximum amount of RAM allocated to Minecraft is 2 gigabytes.
Can I change Xmx2G into Xmx8G?
To increase the RAM allocated to your game, you can change two into 4, 6, or even 8 as you like. Nevertheless, you can never dedicate more RAM than you’ve installed on your computer. Ideally, there is no need to devote more than 75% of your RAM to the game.
No Minecraft fanatic loves lag. So, this article gives you incredible tips to make Minecraft faster and smoother without Optifine! Yay!
To reduce lag and get the best FPS on Minecraft, the best way to achieve great speed is to configure the correct Minecraft video settings. In addition, you can also Optimize your computer. Get the best gaming experience at Minecraft without using Optifine.
Optifine is really one of the best Minecraft mods, and if you want to know about it entirely, you can check out this step-by-step guide on installing Optfine in Minecraft.
After installing Optifine, your game’s FPS will boost up only if you configure Optifine Settings correctly. And I’ve also published an article on this topic; you can refer to that here – Make Minecraft Run Faster With Optifine.