Forge and Optifine have a considerable difference. Forge is a mod-loader, and on the other hand, Optifine is a mod. As a Minecraft lover, you want to get the best from everything the game can offer.
Using Forge and Optifine together gives you a better chance of that, especially if you’re installing other mod packs and putting them together.
This article guides you on how to use Forge and Optifine at the same time, in a simple Four-step process. The process will work for any Minecraft version that you have.
Table of Contents
How To Use Forge And Optifine At The Same Time?
Here’s a simple 4 step process, which can help you download Forge, Optifine and run them simultaneously.
Step 1: Download Forge
You will turn Optifine into a Forge compatible mod. As such, Forge is the core of this whole process. Firstly, you’ll need to download Forge; if you already have Forge installed in your system, you can skip to the next step.
To download Forge:
- Go to the official Forge website.
- Download the Forge version of your preference.
- You can select your Minecraft version on the left-hand side.
Step 2: Install Forge
To install Forge,
- Click on the “Installer” button, then select the .JAR file that downloads. (Click on the skip button to download Forge.)
- Choose the “Install Client” option and install it.
After installing Forge, you can now access it through the Minecraft launcher. Ensure that you run Minecraft with Forge at least once. Running the game creates all the necessary configurations in your Minecraft Directory, e.g., the mods folder.
Step 3: Download And Extract Optifine File
After the Forge installation process is complete and running Minecraft with Forge at least once, you can install Optifine mod. Go to the official Optifine website and download Optifine.
Ensure that you look for an Optifine version that is the same as the Forge version you installed.
Hit on the download link. For newer versions of Minecraft, you’ll need to hit the “preview Versions” link on the top of the screen.
The file that downloads is yet another. JAR file but this time for Optifine. Now, open the file, but this time, don’t install it. Instead, click “Extract.”
A window pops up and prompts you to choose a location to save the downloaded file. You can save it on your desktop.
If you are confused and want to Install Optifine, you can refer to this step-by-step picture guide – How To Install OptiFine in Minecraft? Complete Guide
Step 4: Install Optifine In Minecraft
To Install Optifine:
- Navigate through your Minecraft folder > mods folder. You can easily do this by typing %AppData% on the start menu and hitting enter.
- Select the Minecraft folder > Mods folder.
- Place the .JAR file you extracted from the installer before into the mods folder.
- Now open up Minecraft, and it will have both Forge and Optifine working together.
You may need to restart your game for the changes you have made to take effect.
For a video explanation, you can refer to this Youtube Video.
Can I use Minecraft Forge and Optifine at the Same Time?
Yes, you can use Forge and Optifine at the same time. However, you need to install Forge first before you can install Optifine.
Can You Get A Virus from Optifine?
Optifine is a .jar file; such types of files cause viruses. However, Optifine is 100% safe from viruses and can cause no harm if you download it from its official website.
Instead of working together, both Forge and Optifine take up a preset in the Minecraft launcher. For this reason, it may seem a little difficult for you to use them at the same time.
- How To Install Optifine On Minecraft Windows 10 Edition?
- How To Turn On Dynamic Lighting In Optifine?
- How To Open Optifine With Java?